Regional Aircraft Conversions
As an emerging trend, semi-private travel, or “hop-on” jet service as it is sometimes called, promises to grow in popularity for years to come. This presents a unique opportunity for operators in this market. The savvy operator knows this and is looking to stand out amongst the competition in the aviation industry. That could mean anything from sourcing your first aircraft to finalizing interior cabin design plans and exterior aircraft paint.
C&L Aviation Group is an approved supplier and trusted maintenance facility for prompt and precise aircraft customization and conversion and we have helped customers all over the world with every aspect of this process. Our team of designers, engineers, fabricators, and maintenance technicians offer flawlessly finished and detailed upholstery, cabinetry, flooring, and sidewalls to meet your required level of regional aircraft conversion.
C&L is located in Bangor, ME in a 200,000 Sq. Ft. Part 145 repair station, designed to offer a one-stop solution, performing regional maintenance and high-end corporate work to achieve your goals of transforming a regional aircraft into a semi-private, luxury aircraft.
Our facility, which includes 2 maintenance hangars, a 20,000 Sq, Ft. state-of-the-art aircraft paint hangar, interior shop, avionics shop, component back shop, and spare parts warehouses, has all been organized with your niche industry in mind.
Part of having the right facility for this type of work, is hiring the right people. That’s why we have a team of professionals who specialize in the regional aircraft upgrade market. This includes engineers, interior designers, buyers, installation technicians, and project support advisors who will work alongside you to achieve your goals and vision while applying their knowledge of best practices. That could mean anything from sourcing your first aircraft to finalizing interior cabin design plans and exterior aircraft painting.
Examples of Our Work: AERO
C&L Aviation Group, in collaboration with designers at AERO, has completed a major interior customization and upgrade project for AERO’s fleet of ERJ 135 aircraft. The project involves transforming the aircraft into a 16-seat, semi-private aircraft that offers a one-of-a-kind experience.
Elevating Cabin Upgrades
In the world of semi-private flights and luxury aircraft conversions, “the sky is the limit”. We can provide you with custom tables, seats, upholstery, and other cabin interior pieces that create the VIP cabin experience you are looking for.
Items to Consider for Your Regional Aircraft Conversion
Our à la carte menu allows you the flexibility to choose the right options to fit your vision.
More than any other part of your aircraft’s interior, the seats define the space. They’re where your passengers will spend their time, where they will get comfortable, and what will ultimately determine if your passengers ride with you again. That’s a lot of pressure. Which is why there is so much to consider when deciding on your seats; including design, colors, materials, size, spacing, and more. C&L is ready to help you with all these choices and we offer all of the following options:
- Repair of seat frames
- Paint or powder coating of seat frames and other metal areas in the aircraft
- Re-foaming of seat back and bottom cushions
- Re-upholstering of seat cushions in fabric, ultra-leather or leather
- Seat redesign
- Upgrade to business or first-class seating
- Color matched seat belts
- Plating of seat belt buckles
- Hydro dipping and painting of tray tables, bulkheads, lav sinks, and other areas
- Installation of divans, club tables and dining tables
Are you looking to stand out with custom features and accents in your aircraft? We have a full cabinetry shop on-site, and can assist you with all of the cabinetry needs you might have, including:
- Custom PAX cabin cabinets painted or in hydrographic finishes
- Addition of pocket doors
- Passenger siderail (drink rail) in VIP cabin
There are several factors to consider when evaluating your aircraft flooring options. We’ve worked with customers on a wide range of flooring needs, from very durable, easy to clean, to ultra-plush, with intricate design patterns. We’re here to help you with the following:
- Custom carpeting
- Re-designed PSU in line with seat re-configuration
- Laminate or tile flooring
- Flat floor installation
Lighting and In-seat power
Access to in-seat power and the right cabin lighting are important details that when overlooked, can affect a passenger’s experience. We’re here to help you sort through the details and make sure your customers’ expectations are met with the following options:
- LED warm light and warm white light options
- High-end cabin lighting with multi-colors and dimming capabilities
- In-seat power
- Installation of electrical power outlets
- Installation of USB outlets
There are several options that help make your regional aircraft feel upscale and luxurious for your passengers, including everything from different sidewall panel colors and textures, to the complete removal of overhead bins allowing for more head room and a spacious cabin feel. We are ready to assist you with all of the following:
- Overhead bin refurbishment
- Overhead bin removal
- Design, manufacture and installation of custom ceiling and valence panels
- Painting of ceiling and valence panels
- Covering of ceiling and valence panels in leather or ultra-leather
- Removal of Polyvinyl Flouride coating and painting with color-matched paint
- Removal of Polyvinyl Flouride coating and covering with leather or ultra-leather
- Additional sound insulation (noise reduction)
- New sidewall panels
Upgraded Lav and Galley
We are here to help you with any and all customizations needed to provide your passengers with the right food and beverage accessory requirements as well as the appearance of your galley and lavs. Options include:
- Galley modifications
- Storage units
- Refinishing of galley units
- Lav refurbishment
- Wall covering
- Custom cabinets
- Plating and powder coating of lav accessories
- Upgraded lighting and faucets
The cabin might be where your passengers spend their time but first impressions are everything, and the first thing your passenger will see is the aircraft exterior. Our experienced paint team is ready to help turn any design vision you have into a reality.
- Glossy or matte finish
- Design and rendering assistance
- Unique and one-of-a-kind paint jobs that stand out
- Design schemes that will fit your brand and messaging
In today’s society, it’s hard to imagine any flight without access to the internet and entertainment options. We are partnered with and distributors of many major avionics providers for the industry, and fully qualified to install whatever system you need. Our services include:
- Inflight Wifi systems
- Upgraded sound systems and PA systems.
- On-board TV, moving map
Peripheral services we offer
- Pre-buy inspections
- Parts support
- Assistance sourcing aircraft
- Updating Universal FMS System to a WAAS Enabled LPV System
Let us know what you want
Everything you want, nothing you don’t
Do you have a Legacy Universal FMS System Installed in your ERJ?
At C&L, we understand the “Nextgen” changes happening in your aircraft’s avionics, and the need to stay ahead of the changing navigation requirements for SBAS/GPS systems. And as a dealer and Installation/Service Center, for Universal Avionics products and software, we are able to fully support your transitioning into an upgraded Universal Flight Management System, SCN1000 Series WAAS/LPV/SBAS System.